The Newfoundland and Labrador Oil & Gas Industries Association (Noia) will host its 34th annual oil & gas conference from June 18-21, 2018 at the St. John’s Convention Centre. Themed Redefining Oil: The Time is Now, the conference is the paramount event for the offshore oil & gas industry in Canada.
“Noia is excited to once again offer the leading offshore oil and gas conference in Canada, an event that is not to be missed by the industry,” said Andrew Bell, chair of the 2018 Conference Committee and past-chair of the Noia Board of Directors. “The theme of our conference is Redefining Oil: The Time is Now, an extremely relevant title for not only our conference, but also for our industry. Our offshore oil and gas prospectivity has incredible potential and the time is now to explore and develop our resources for the benefit of all Canadians.”
Delegates to the Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2018 will hear keynote addresses by:
- Jim Irving, Co-CEO, JD Irving Limited
- Brad Wall, Special Advisor, Osler, Hoskin & Harcourt LLP & Former Premier of Saskatchewan
- Deborah Yedlin, Calgary Herald Business & Energy Columnist & Chancellor of the University of Calgary (effective July 1, 2018)
- John Risley, Director, Maritime Horizon Services
- Honourable Dwight Ball, Premier of Newfoundland and Labrador
- Honourable Siobhan Coady, Minister of Natural Resources
The conference will include six sessions covering various topics important to the industry. As part of one of those sessions a panel discussion will occur on innovation and collaboration in the offshore oil & gas industry. Three technical sessions have been added this year to provide in-depth presentations and discussion on the topics of Deepwater, Canada’s Ocean Supercluster, and Marginal Fields and Standardization.
Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2018 will also feature representatives from five operators in the Newfoundland and Labrador offshore:
- Unni Fjaer, Vice President, Offshore Newfoundland, Equinor Canada
- Steve Hogan, Vice President, East Coast, Suncor Energy
- Carman Mullins, President, ExxonMobil Canada
- Anita Perry, Vice President of Communications & External Affairs & Regional Manager for Atlantic Canada, BP Canada
- Trevor Pritchard, Senior Vice President, Atlantic Region, Husky Energy
Further to the addition of a technical program, a Business-to-Business Matchmaking Program has been added this year providing Noia members the opportunity to meet with 12 leading companies in the Newfoundland and Labrador offshore oil & gas industry. As well, a conference App will be used for the first time.
Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2018 is the industry event not to be missed and offers delegates the opportunity to partake in discussions about timely industry issues, participate in unparalleled networking opportunities, and learn from industry technical sessions. Further information about the conference and registration is available on the Noia Oil & Gas Conference 2018 website: www.noiaconference.com.
Media agencies are encouraged to send representatives to the conference. Media may request access to conference sessions and luncheons by completing and submitting a Media Registration Form before noon, June 13, 2018. Completed forms are to be submitted to email@example.com.